The diverter ground bed must have more ground rods than the energizer ground bed. Proper Installation of your lightning diverter is essential to its operation in the event of a lightning strike on the fence line.
For best Results:
- Install the lightning diverter close to the fence charger (minimum 50 ft between beds)
- The easiest way to install a diverter is to use a cutout switch on the electric lead-out wire close to the where you will be installing the diverter. This makes adjustment easier.
- If installing the fence leave enough wire after crimping around the end or corner post to pass through the diverter and connect to choke coil. Otherwise use a Split Bolt Line Tap to connect to the main fence line.
- The diverter ground bed and charger ground bed should be separated by at least 50 feet.
- Mount the diverter between the charger and any fence connections